Illum8 Brightening Serum Intensive is a unique pigment clarifying serum that addresses uneven production of melanin. A dynamic blend of Bearberry, Kojic, Salicylic, Azelaic and Fruit Acids synergistically targets areas of hyperpigmentation and acne-prone based scaring. Super antioxidant Ferulic Acid and peptide stabilized Vitamin C resist free radicals while encouraging collagen synthesis.
- Apply Serum Intensive in AM after cleansing and toning to help prevent UV damage and hyperpigmentation. Maybe also be applied in the PM or after long periods of sun exposure to calm skin from the effects of UV damage. It can be layered over or under other serums and under treatment crèmes and SPFs, Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- Apply Serum Intensive after exfoliating treatment, under treatment masks and as a finishing product. It can be layered over other serums and under treatment crèmes.
- Great to use post-laser or microneedling treatment to even discoloration associated with acne scars and hyperpigmentation
- Noticeably brighter and lighter skin after two weeks of consistent use
- Prevents UV cell damage
- Neutralizes free radicals
- Breaks down and exfoliates dead skin cells
- Penetrates hair follicles and unblocks pores
- Aqua (Purified Water), Alcohol Denatured Lavendula., Azelaic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Salicylic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Ferula Foetida Extract, Kojic Acid, Arctostaphylus Uva Ursi Fruit Extract, Niacinamide, Water (and) Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract (and) Saccharum Officinarum Extract (and) Acer Officinarum Extract (and) Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract (and) Citrus Medica Limonum Extract (Multi Fruit BSC), Glycolic Acid, Alpha Arbutin, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid, Glycorrhiza Glabra Root (Licorice) Extract, Lycopene.
pH 3.8 - 4.2
- Alpha Arbutin (Bearberry) - Ten times more powerful than standardized arbutin. It is a natural brightening and lightening skin agent that addresses hyperpigmentation. It inhibits the body’s production of tyrosinase.
- Ferulic Acid - Is an antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals and helps to prevent damage to cells caused by ultraviolet light. Exposure to ultraviolet light actually increases the antioxidant potency of Ferulic Acid.
- Salicylic Acid – Is a ‘keratolytic’ as it breaks down and exfoliates dead skin cells. Salicylic acid unblocks pores as it penetrates the hair follicle. It is also beneficial for minor lightening of discoloration or hyperpigmentation.
- Kojic Acid - Is used as a skin toner and lightener. By inhibiting melanin production, it effectively helps to balance skin tones, fading dark spots and freckles caused by sun exposure, aging, and cutaneous hyperpigmentation.
- Azelaic Acid - Is a pharmaceutical anti-acne agent that provides antibacterial and comedolytic effects. It is effective against a number of skin conditions, from mild to moderate acne. It helps to stop the growth of skin bacteria that causes acne and keep the skin pores clean.
- Glycolic Acid - found in sugar cane, glycolic acid acts by dissolving the intercellular cement responsible for abnormal cell build-up. Improves skin hydration by enhanced moisture uptake as well as increased binding of water to the stratum corneum. Effective in helping clear the pores of acne-prone skin; smoothing fine lines in older, photo-aged skin and diminishing age spots.